Thursday, April 06, 2006

Chalk one up on the Win column

EXTR pre-announced a miss today after the close. Company blamed weakness in U.S and Japan for the miss. Like I said few days back, I would stay away from EXTR. The company has been in internal ups and downs and from what I can gather it is not smooth sailing yet. I believe the weakness in U.S. and Japan was due to these internal issues not due to any broad market weakness. FDRY I believe is having a blast in the U.S but Japan remains a issue and also I hear government was tough in opening up the purse as well. Hopefully it works out well for FDRY (meaning U.S. is strong enough to overcome the other issues) given the strong run up the stocks' had otherwise its time to book some profits there also.

The 8K EXTR filed on February 13th with details of severance plan for the executives and certain VPs upon change in control of EXTR still makes me think that the company might just get taken out, yea there are some seriously desperate people looking out there.

Seems like PKTR made the quarter but the issue remains that its in tougher market with old technology so I am still staying away from that one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous mcx tips said...

I think the things you covered through the post are quiet impressive, good job and great efforts. I found it very interesting and enjoyed reading all of it…keep it up, lovely job.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous mcx tips said...

I think the things you covered through the post are quiet impressive, good job and great efforts. I found it very interesting and enjoyed reading all of it…keep it up, lovely job.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous hrroman said...

Ways & Works Consulting is an ISO 9001:2015 certified HR Consulting Firm, Manpower Recruitment and Practical Training firm career with an aim to provide value aided service to employers Best recruitment agencies industry we serve . with an in-depth understanding of their requirements. We are working as a perfect bridge between the employer and employee to fulfil their needs by placing the best suitable at place.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home